The beginning of Metropolitan Medical Laboratory and the Quad Cities Pathologists Group dates back to 1914. It was at this time that Dr. Frederick H. Lamb established his practice of Anatomic and Clinical Pathology serving hospitals in Davenport plus St Anthony's and Moline Public Hospitals in Rock Island County. Dr. Lamb was instrumental in developing pathology as a medical specialty in this county. He was a founding father and president of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, a founding fellow of the College of American Pathologists, and an original trustee and vice-president of the American Board of Pathology.
From a modest beginning in a small suite in the Davenport Bank Building the laboratory expanded in 1958 by moving to Kirkwood Boulevard in Davenport. In 1972 the laboratory moved to its present Iowa location at 1814 East Locust Street. Anatomic and Cytology, outpatient and billing facilities were expanded here in 2000 with a second building.
The Illinois campus of the laboratory started in 1976 with a facility at City Line Plaza in Moline where a microbiology culture media facility was also established. The Metro Towers Building at 1520 7th Street where the present laboratory facility is housed was purchased in 1983 and three additional buildings surrounding the laboratory were added in the next decade to complete the present day campus. In 2011/2012 we expanded to our newest sites in Silvis and Bettendorf.
Currently, over 500 Metropolitan Medical Laboratory employees work hard to bring the latest in state-of-the-art testing to our local community. We are gratified that in extensive client surveys, 94% of clients would recommend us to a colleague – and we look forward to earning your mark of satisfaction as well.
View test details, including specimen collection, patient preparation & reference ranges.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Copyright © 2006-2011 Metropolitan Medical Lab, PLC, Quad Cities Pathologists, LLC, All rights reserved.
Privacy Notice Schedules